ClickCease
You should always hire a mold removal and remediation specialist for your home's mold.

Why You Shouldn’t Leave Mold Untreated in Northern Idaho

There’s no argument that mold is a bad sign. Mold is often a lasting result of water damage, as it thrives in moist environments. Mold is a stubborn foe that won’t easily leave. If left untreated, mold can cause serious health concerns in your family and damage to your home. It’s never recommended to try and remove mold on your own, as it can cause serious allergic reactions and even infections. If you find or suspect mold, here’s why you need professional mold removal and remediation services as soon as possible.

Health and Safety

The most dangerous aspect of mold is the threat to your health and safety. Mold is a highly toxic fungus. Breathing in mold spores can cause severe allergic reactions such as a runny nose, scratchy throat, and watery eyes. Breathing mold in for too long can even begin to damage your lungs, sometimes permanently. Mold spores aren’t usually big and often aren’t visible at all to the naked eye. You can breathe in mold even when you can’t see it.

Mold surfaces are also very toxic. Even with the proper equipment, handling mold puts you at risk of infection. Some mold species can cause irritation and infection of the skin as soon as you touch them. It’s always recommended to hire a professional mold removal and remediation specialist. A professional will be properly trained and certified in handling mold, and can remove it from your home safely and effectively.

Foundation Damage

Mold is dangerous to the surfaces it grows on. Your home’s health is also at risk when mold is left untreated. Mold will eat away at the surface it grows on and can spread fairly quickly over time. If left on its own, mold can cause severe issues with your home’s foundation and overall visual appeal.

Wood is particularly susceptible to mold degeneration. If hidden behind a wall or under a floor, mold on your home’s foundation is more likely to go unnoticed. However, this can cause even worse damage to your home, weakening its overall structure. It may seem like it’s easy enough to ignore foundation-level mold, but removing it as soon as possible will save you time and money in the long run.

Finding mold in your home is a frustrating time. It’s important to remember to never try and remove the mold by yourself, as this could lead to health concerns and infection. Always hire a professional mold removal and remediation specialist to handle the mold for you. The technicians at Insight Restoration are fully trained and certified to remove mold quickly and effectively from your home. If you find or even suspect mold in your house, don’t hesitate to call us at (208) 427-2962. Our phones are open 24/7, and we’ll get a mold specialist out to your home as soon as possible to begin the removal and remediation process.

For Any Assistance Call Us Now: (208) 946-9648

Call us! (208) 946-9648