Mold mitigation helps prevent mold damage in your home

The Dangers of Mold

Mold is a toxic and dangerous substance that can grow in any home. Professional mold mitigation is needed to help keep you and your family safe. Without proper removal, mold can cause severe health concerns. It’s never a good idea to try to remove mold on your own, as even just touching it can cause infections. Mold comes in a variety of species, but each needs to be handled with care. It’s important to remove mold as soon as you notice it to avoid the many dangers it can cause.

Health Problems

The most threatening aspect of mold is its toxicity. Mold spores are microscopic and can filter through your home in vents. Mold growing in your basement can easily travel up and affect you in your bedroom. If you breathe in mold long enough, it can have severe, permanent effects on your health. Even normally healthy adults can suffer from the following symptoms:

  • Difficulty breathing
  • Dry, itchy eyes
  • Sore throat
  • Cough
  • Runny or stuffy nose
  • Ear infections
  • Rash

Children are particularly susceptible to the effects of mold. If exposed to it for extended periods of time, children are more likely to develop lifelong allergies and respiratory issues.

House Damage

Mold can damage your home as much as your health. Because mold thrives in a moist environment, you’re likely to find water damage where you find mold. Even if the water is cleaned up, the mold can continue to develop. Mold eats away at the foundation of your home, leading to serious structural integrity issues. It can also attract rodents, insects, and other pests. These unwanted visitors can create even more damage to your home, leaving waste behind and making homes in your walls and vents.

Professional Mold Mitigation

Because mold is so toxic, it’s important to let the professionals handle it. Certified technicians have access to industry-standard safety equipment that helps them avoid the hazards of mold. Upsetting mold causes the spores to activate, further increasing the hazard mold poses. If you try to remove mold on your own, you’re putting your health at risk. A professional mold specialist will not only be able to ensure safety, but they can also ensure that the mold is fully removed and the source is removed, preventing further mold growth.

If you discover mold in your home, call a professional mold mitigation company to safely handle it for you. Insight Restoration has a team of trained and certified mold technicians standing by, ready to jump into the fray and remove the mold from your home. Not only will we restore the damage caused by the mold, but we’ll also locate the source of the mold and fix the problem so mold can’t grow anymore. Give us a call today at (208) 427-3042 to have a mold technician on-site as soon as possible.

For Any Assistance Call Us Now: (208) 946-9648

Call us! (208) 946-9648